Friday, January 28, 2011

Thou God seest me

Bagster's Daily Light - January 29 - Morning

Thou God seest me.

So she called the name of the LORD who spoke to her, "You are a God of seeing," for she said, "Truly here I have seen him who looks after me." 1

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. 2

The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good. 3

For a man's ways are before the eyes of the LORD, and he ponders all his paths. 4

And he said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God. 5

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him. You have done foolishly in this, for from now on you will have wars." 6

But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man. 7

He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, "Do you love me?" and he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep. 8
______________

1 Gen 16:13;
2 Psa 139:1-4,6;
3 Prov 15:3;
4 Prov 5:21;
5 Luke 16:15;
6 2 Chron 16:9;
7 John 2:24,25;
8 John 21:17

No comments: