Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ebenezer ... Hitherto hath the LORD helped us

Daily Light Devotions - July 1 - Evening

Ebenezer ... Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.

Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called its name Ebenezer; for he said, "Till now the LORD has helped us." 1

The LORD preserves the simple; when I was brought low, he saved me. 2

Blessed be the LORD! For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. 3

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes. 4

Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God, 5

He led them by a straight way till they reached a city to dwell in. 6

Not one word of all the good promises that the LORD had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass. 7

And he said to them, "When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?" They said, "Nothing." 8

for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. 9

______________

1. 1 Sam 7:12;
2. Psa 116:6;
3. Psa 28:6,7;
4. Psa 118:8,9;
5. Psa 146:5;
6. Psa 107:7;
7. Josh 21:45;
8. Luke 22:35;
9. Psa 63:7

No comments: