Tuesday, July 3, 2012

If children, then heirs

Daily Light Devotions - July 3 - Morning

If children, then heirs ...

and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. 1 

And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise. 2 

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 3 

So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God. 4 

he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 5 

Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 6 

The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations, 7 

The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. 8 

______________ 

1. Rom 8:17; 
2. Gal 3:29; 
3. 1 John 3:1; 
4. Gal 4:7; 
5. Eph 1:5; 
6. John 17:24; 
7. Rev 2:26; 
8. Rev 3:21

No comments: