Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mind not high things

Daily Light Devotions - July 5 - Evening

Mind not high things, ...

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. 1 

My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him? 2 

Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor. 3 

But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 4 

But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. 5 

A Song of Ascents. Of David. O LORD, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. 6 
______________ 

1. Rom 12:16; 
2. James 2:1,5; 
3. 1 Cor 10:24; 
4. 1 Tim 6:8,9; 
5. 1 Cor 1:27-29; 
6. Psa 131:1

No comments: