Sunday, January 2, 2011

I press toward the mark for the prize

Bagster's Daily Light - January 1 - Morning

I press toward the mark for the prize ...

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 1

Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 2

which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. 3

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 4

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 5

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. 6
______________

1 Phil 3:13,14;
2 John 17:24;
3 2Ti 1:12;
4 Phil 1:6;
5 1Cor 9:24,25;
6 Heb 12:1,2

No comments: