Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The fruit of the Spirit is ... faith

Daily Light Devotions - August 1 - Morning

The fruit of the Spirit is ... faith.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 1 

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 2

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. 3 

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 4 

Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!" 5 

but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love. 7 

Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? 8 

for we walk by faith, not by sight. 9 

For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 10 

Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 11 
______________ 

1. Gal 5:22;
2. Eph 2:8; 
3. Heb 11:6; 
4. John 3:18; 
5. Mark 9:24; 
6. 1 John 2:5; 
7. Gal 5:6; 
8. James 2:20; 
9. 2 Cor 5:7; 
10. Gal 2:20; 
11. 1 Pet 1:8,9

No comments: