Sunday, August 5, 2012

Thy will be done

Daily Light Devotions - August 5 - Evening

Thy will be done.

Again, for the second time, he went away and prayed, "My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done." 1 

I know, O LORD, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps. 2 

And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will." 3 

But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. 4 

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. 5 

Jesus answered, "You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am to drink?" They said to him, "We are able." 6 

he gave them what they asked, but sent a wasting disease among them. 7 

Now these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did. 8 

I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. 9 

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. 10
______________ 

1. Matt 26:42; 
2. Jer 10:23; 
3. Matt 26:39;
4. Psa 131:2; 
5. Rom 8:26,27; 
6. Matt 20:22; 
7. Psa 106:15; 
8. 1 Cor 10:6; 
9. 1 Cor 7:32; 
10. Isa 26:3

No comments: