Friday, August 3, 2012

Them that honour me I will honour

Daily Light Devotions - August 3 - Evening

Them that honour me I will honour.

Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that your house and the house of your father should go in and out before me forever,' but now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me, for those who honor me I will honor, and those who despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 

So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 2

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. 3 

Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life. 4 

For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 5 

so that the tested genuineness of your faith--more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 6
______________ 

1. 1 Sam 2:30; 
2. Matt 10:32,37-39; 
3. James 1:12; 
4. Rev 2:10; 
5. 2 Cor 4:17; 
6. 1 Pet 1:7

No comments: