Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What think ye of Christ?

Daily Light Devotions - August 7 - Evening

What think ye of Christ?

saying, "What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is he?" They said to him, "The son of David." 1 

Lift up your heads, O gates! And lift them up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory! Selah 2 

On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. 3 

So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, "The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone," 4 

but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 5 

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 6 

He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, "Do you love me?" and he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep. 7 
______________ 

1. Matt 22:42; 
2. Psa 24:9,10; 
3. Rev 19:16; 
4. 1 Pet 2:7; 
5. 1 Cor 1:23,24; 
6. Phil 3:8; 
7. John 21:17

No comments: