Monday, August 6, 2012

Whom the LORD loveth he correcteth

Daily Light Devotions - August 6 - Morning

Whom the LORD loveth he correcteth.

for the LORD reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights. 1 

"'See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand. 2 

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 3 

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. 4

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her. 5

Know then in your heart that, as a man disciplines his son, the LORD your God disciplines you. 6 

For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. 7 

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 8 

I know, O LORD, that your rules are righteous, and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me. 9
______________ 

1. Prov 3:12; 
2. Deut 32:39; 
3. Jer 29:11; 
4. Isa 55:8; 
5. Hos 2:14; 
6. Deut 8:5; 
7. Heb 12:11; 
8. 1 Pet 5:6; 
9. Psa 119:75

No comments: