Thursday, March 24, 2011

At thy word I will let down the net

Daily Light Devotions - March 25 - Evening

... At thy word I will let down the net.

And Simon answered, "Master, we toiled all night and took nothing! But at your word I will let down the nets." 1

And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 2

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind. 3

For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. 4

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. 5

so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. 6

So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. 7
______________

1 Luke 5:5;
2 Matt 28:18-20;
3 Matt 13:47;
4 1 Cor 9:16,22;
5 Gal 6:9;
6 Isa 55:11;
7 1 Cor 3:7

No comments: