Monday, March 14, 2011

Perfect through sufferings

Daily Light Devotions - March 15 - Morning

Perfect through sufferings.

For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering. 1

Then he said to them, "My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch with me." And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will." 2

And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. 3

The snares of death encompassed me; the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me; I suffered distress and anguish. 4

Reproaches have broken my heart, so that I am in despair. I looked for pity, but there was none, and for comforters, but I found none. 5

Look to the right and see: there is none who takes notice of me; no refuge remains to me; no one cares for my soul. 6

He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 7
______________

1 Heb 2:10;
2 Matt 26:38,39;
3 Luke 22:44;
4 Psa 116:3;
5 Psa 69:20;
6 Psa 142:4;
7 Isa 53:3

No comments: