Saturday, March 26, 2011

Distributing to the necessity of the saints

Daily Light Devotions - March 26 - Evening

Distributing to the necessity of the saints.

Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. 1

And David said, "Is there still anyone left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan's sake?" 2

Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.' 3

And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward." 4

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. 5

For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do. 6
______________

1 Rom 12:13;
2 2 Sa 9:1;
3 Matt 25:34-36,40;
4 Matt 10:42;
5 Heb 13:16;
6 Heb 6:10;

No comments: