Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The prize of the high calling of God

Daily Light Devotions - March 3 - Evening

The prize of the high calling of God ...

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 1

Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me." 2

After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: "Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great." 3

His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.' 4

And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever. 5

And when the chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory. 6

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. 7

Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 8

Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 9

Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 10

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 11

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 12
______________

1 Phil 3:14;
2 Matt 19:21;
3 Gen 15:1;
4 Matt 25:21;
5 Rev 22:5;
6 1 Pet 5:4;
7 James 1:12;
8 2 Tim 4:8;
9 1 Cor 9:25;
10 John 17:24;
11 1 Thess 4:17;
12 Rom 8:18

No comments: