Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty

Daily Light Devotions - March 23 - Morning

Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty.

And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!" 1

Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel. 2

Then he said, "Do not come near; take your sandals off your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground." And he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God. 3

To whom then will you compare me, that I should be like him? says the Holy One. 4

For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior. 5

but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy." 6

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 7

What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 8

"Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet? 9
______________

1 Rev 4:8;
2 Psa 22:3;
3 Exo 3:5,6;
4 Isa 40:25;
5 Isa 43:3,11;
6 1 Pet 1:15,16;
7 1 Cor 6:19;
8 2 Cor 6:16;
9 Amos 3:3

No comments: