Sunday, March 13, 2011

The words ... are spirit, and they are life

Daily Light Devotions - March 14 - Evening

The words ... are spirit, and they are life.

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. 1

Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. 2

who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 3

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. 4

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word. then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me, for I trust in your word. The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces. I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have given me life. How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. 5
______________

1 John 6:63;
2 James 1:18;
3 2 Cor 3:6;
4 Eph 5:25-27;
5 Psa 119:9,50,11,16,42,72,93,103,104

No comments: