Friday, March 11, 2011

Jesus wept

Daily Light Devotions - March 11 - Evening

Jesus Wept.

Jesus wept. 1

He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 2

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 3

For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering. 4

Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. 5

The Lord GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious; I turned not backward. I gave my back to those who strike, and my cheeks to those who pull out the beard; I hid not my face from disgrace and spitting. 6

So the Jews said, "See how he loved him!" 7

For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham. Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 8
______________

1 John 11:35;
2 Isa 53:3;
3 Heb 4:15;
4 Heb 2:10;
5 Heb 5:8;
6 Isa 50:5,6;
7 John 11:36;
8 Heb 2:16,17

No comments: