Sunday, March 6, 2011

My times are in thy hand

Daily Light Devotions - March 7 - Evening

My times are in thy hand.

My times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors! 1

Yes, he loved his people, all his holy ones were in his hand; so they followed in your steps, receiving direction from you, 2

And the word of the LORD came to him: "Depart from here and turn eastward and hide yourself by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. You shall drink from the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there." Then the word of the LORD came to him, "Arise, go to Zarephath, which belongs to Sidon, and dwell there. Behold, I have commanded a widow there to feed you." 3

"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 4

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. 5

casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 6
______________

1 Psa 31:15;
2 Deut 33:3;
3 1 Kings 17:2-4,8,9;
4 Matt 6:25,32;
5 Prov 3:5,6;
6 1 Pet 5:7

No comments: