Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Isaac went out to meditate

Daily Light Devotions - March 30 - Morning

Isaac went out to meditate ...

And Isaac went out to meditate in the field toward evening. And he lifted up his eyes and saw, and behold, there were camels coming. 1

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer. 2

When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? 3

Great are the works of the LORD, studied by all who delight in them. 4

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. 5

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 6

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; 7
______________
1 Gen 24:63;
2 Psa 19:14;
3 Psa 8:3,4;
4 Psa 111:2;
5 Psa 1:1,2;
6 Josh 1:8;
7 Psa 63:5,6

No comments: