Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jehovahjireh: The Lord will provide

Daily Light Devotions - March 10 - Morning

Jehovahjireh: The Lord will provide.

So Abraham called the name of that place, "The LORD will provide"; as it is said to this day, "On the mount of the LORD it shall be provided." Abraham said, "God will provide for himself the lamb for a burnt offering, my son." So they went both of them together. 1

Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear; 2

And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob"; 3

Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God, 4

Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love, that he may deliver their soul from death and keep them alive in famine. 5

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 6

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?" 7

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. 8
______________

1 Gen 22:14,8;
2 Isa 59:1;
3 Rom 11:26;
4 Psa 146:5;
5 Psa 33:18,19;
6 Phil 4:19;
7 Heb 13:5,6;
8 Psa 28:7

No comments: