Sunday, March 27, 2011

Be strong and of a good courage

Daily Light Devotions - March 28 - Morning

Be strong and of a good courage.

Whoever rebels against your commandment and disobeys your words, whatever you command him, shall be put to death. Only be strong and courageous." 1

Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2

He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. 3

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 4

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 5

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? 6

Through you we push down our foes; through your name we tread down those who rise up against us. 7

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 8

gold, silver, bronze, and iron. Arise and work! The LORD be with you!" 9

______________

1 Jos 1:18;
2 Psa 27:1;
3 Isa 40:29-31;
4 Psa 73:26;
5 Rom 8:31;
6 Psa 118:6;
7 Psa 44:5;
8 Rom 8:37;
9 1 Chron 22:16

No comments: