Friday, March 11, 2011

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee

Daily Light Devotions - March 11 - Morning

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee.

The LORD bless you and keep you; 1

The blessing of the LORD makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it. 2

For you bless the righteous, O LORD; you cover him with favor as with a shield. 3

He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand. The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. 4

I, the LORD, am its keeper; every moment I water it. Lest anyone punish it, I keep it night and day; 5

And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one. While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 6

The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. 7
______________

1 Num 6:24;
2 Prov 10:22;
3 Psa 5:12;
4 Psa 121:3-5,7,8;
5 Isa 27:3;
6 John 17:11,12;
7 2 Tim 4:18;

No comments: