Thursday, March 3, 2011

He bowed his shoulder to bear

Daily Light Devotions - March 4 - Evening

He bowed his shoulder to bear.

He saw that a resting place was good, and that the land was pleasant, so he bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant at forced labor. 1

As an example of suffering and patience, brothers, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 2

Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come. 3

But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?" In all this Job did not sin with his lips. 4

Then Moses said to Aaron, "This is what the LORD has said, 'Among those who are near me I will be sanctified, and before all the people I will be glorified.'" And Aaron held his peace. 5

So Samuel told him everything and hid nothing from him. And he said, "It is the LORD. Let him do what seems good to him." 6

Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. 7

Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. 8

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." 9
______________

1 Gen 49:15;
2 James 5:10;
3 1 Cor 10:11;
4 Job 2:10;
5 Lev 10:3;
6 1 Sam 3:18;
7 Psa 55:22;
8 Isa 53:4;
9 Matt 11:28-30

No comments: