Saturday, March 12, 2011

O my God, my soul is cast down within me

Daily Light Devotions - March 13 - Evening

O my God, my soul is cast down within me.

and my God. My soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember you from the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar. 1

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock. 2

Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. 3

For he has not despised or abhorred the affliction of the afflicted, and he has not hidden his face from him, but has heard, when he cried to him. 4

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. 5

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 6

"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 7

Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe." 8

teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 9
______________

1 Psa 42:6;
2 Isa 26:3,4;
3 Psa 55:22;
4 Psa 22:24;
5 James 5:13;
6 John 14:27;
7 Matt 6:25,26;
8 John 20:27;
9 Matt 28:20

No comments: