Tuesday, March 1, 2011

God hath caused me to be fruitful

Bagster's Daily Light - March 2 - Morning

God hath caused me to be fruitful ...


The name of the second he called Ephraim, "For God has made me fruitful in the land of my affliction." 1

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. 2

In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith--more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 3

But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth. 4

Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good. 5
______________

1 Gen 41:52;
2 2 Cor 1:3-5;
3 1 Pet 1:6,7;
4 2 Tim 4:17;
5 1 Pet 4:19

No comments: