Wednesday, March 23, 2011

God hath called you unto his kingdom and glory

Daily Light Devotions - March 24 - Evening

God hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory. 1

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world." 2

waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 3

Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever." 4

and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth." 5

Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 6

Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear. 7

"Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 8

and I assign to you, as my Father assigned to me, a kingdom, that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 9

Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 10
______________

1 1 Thess 2:12;
2 John 18:36;
3 Heb 10:13;
4 Rev 11:15;
5 Rev 5:10;
6 Rev 20:4;
7 Matt 13:43;
8 Luke 12:32;
9 Luke 22:29,30;
10 Matt 6:10

No comments: