Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD?

Daily Light Devotions - March 30 - Evening

How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD?

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? 1

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. 2

But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me; my Lord has forgotten me." "Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. 3

Remember these things, O Jacob, and Israel, for you are my servant; I formed you; you are my servant; O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me. I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you. 4

Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. So, when he heard that Lazarus was ill, he stayed two days longer in the place where he was. 5

And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon." But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, "Send her away, for she is crying out after us." 6

so that the tested genuineness of your faith--more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 7

______________
1 Psa 13:1;
2 James 1:17;
3 Isa 49:14,15;
4 Isa 44:21,22;
5 John 11:5,6;
6 Matt 15:22,23;
7 1 Pet 1:7

No comments: