Wednesday, March 23, 2011

They constrained him, saying, Abide with us

Daily Light Devotions - March 23 - Evening

They constrained him, saying, Abide with us.

but they urged him strongly, saying, "Stay with us, for it is toward evening and the day is now far spent." So he went in to stay with them. 1

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. 2

Tell me, you whom my soul loves, where you pasture your flock, where you make it lie down at noon; for why should I be like one who veils herself beside the flocks of your companions? 3

Scarcely had I passed them when I found him whom my soul loves. I held him, and would not let him go until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her who conceived me. 4

Awake, O north wind, and come, O south wind! Blow upon my garden, let its spices flow. Let my beloved come to his garden, and eat its choicest fruits. 5

I came to my garden, my sister, my bride, I gathered my myrrh with my spice, I ate my honeycomb with my honey, I drank my wine with my milk. Eat, friends, drink, and be drunk with love! 6

I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, 'Seek me in vain.' I the LORD speak the truth; I declare what is right. 7

teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 8

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 9

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them." 10

Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 11
______________

1 Luke 24:29;
2 Rev 3:20;
3 Sol 1:7;
4 Sol 3:4;
5 Sol 4:16;
6 Sol 5:1;
7 Isa 45:19;
8 Mat 28:20;
9 Heb 13:5;
10 Matt 18:20;
11 John 14:19

No comments: