Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mine eyes fail with looking upward

Daily Light Devotions - March 18 - Morning

Mine eyes fail with looking upward.

Like a swallow or a crane I chirp; I moan like a dove. My eyes are weary with looking upward. O Lord, I am oppressed; be my pledge of safety! 1

Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing; heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled. My soul also is greatly troubled. But you, O LORD--how long? Turn, O LORD, deliver my life; save me for the sake of your steadfast love. 2

My heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death have fallen upon me. Fear and trembling come upon me, and horror overwhelms me. And I say, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest; 3

For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. 4

And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven." 5

But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 6

waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 7
______________

1 Isa 38:14;
2 Psa 6:2-4;
3 Psa 55:4-6;
4 Heb 10:36;
5 Acts 1:10,11;
6 Phil 3:20;
7 Tit 2:13

No comments: