Saturday, March 26, 2011

To him that soweth righteousness

Daily Light Devotions - March 27 - Morning

To him that soweth righteousness ...

The wicked earns deceptive wages, but one who sows righteousness gets a sure reward. 1

Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.' His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.' 2

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil. 3

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 4

I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. 5
______________

1 Prov 11:18;
2 Matt 25:19-21;
3 2 Cor 5:10;
4 2 Tim 4:7,8;
5 Rev 3:11

No comments: