Thursday, March 24, 2011

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee

Daily Light Devotions - March 25 - Morning

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?" 1

Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." 2

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." 3

For Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia. At my first defense no one came to stand by me, but all deserted me. May it not be charged against them! But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth. 4

For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me in. 5

teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 6

and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. 7

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 8
______________

1 Heb 13:5,6;
2 Gen 28:15;
3 Deut 31:6;
4 2 Tim 4:10,16,17;
5 Psa 27:10;
6 Matt 28:20;
7 Rev 1:18;
8 John 14:18,27

No comments: