Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I will sing with the spirit

Daily Light Devotions - March 16 - Evening

I will sing with the spirit ...

What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also. 1

And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, 2

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 3

My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD, and let all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever. 4

Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting. Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make melody to our God on the lyre! 5

And I heard a voice from heaven like the roar of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder. The voice I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps, 6
______________

1 1 Cor 14:15;
2 Eph 5:18,19;
3 Col 3:16;
4 Psa 145:21;
5 Psa 147:1,7;
6 Rev 14:2

No comments: