Sunday, March 20, 2011

Be watchful, and strengthen

Daily Light Devotions - March 21 - Morning

Be watchful, and strengthen ...

Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. 1

The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers. 2

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 3

"Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children's children-- 4

but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him." But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls. 5

And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake." 6

fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you." 7
______________

1 Rev 3:2;
2 1 Pe 4:7;
3 1 Pe 5:8;
4 Deut 4:9;
5 Heb 10:38,39;
6 Mark 13:37;
7 Isa 41:10,13

No comments: