Monday, April 11, 2011

All have sinned

Daily Light Devotions - April 12 - Evening

All have sinned, ...

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one." 1

Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins. 2

How then can man be in the right before God? How can he who is born of woman be pure? 3

Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it. 4

For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. 5

David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die. 6

And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. 7

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 8

if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister. 9

we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory. 10

______________

1 Rom 3:23,10,12; 2 Ecc 7:20; 3 Job 25:4; 4 Heb 4:1; 5 Psa 51:3,5; 6 2 Sam 12:13; 7 Rom 8:30; 8 2 Cor 3:18; 9 Col 1:23; 10 1 Thess 2:12

No comments: