Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Who art thou, Lord? I am Jesus

Daily Light Devotions - April 20 - Evening

Who art thou, Lord? I am Jesus.

And I said, 'Who are you, Lord?' And the Lord said, 'I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. 1

But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid." 2

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. 3

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 4

"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel" (which means, God with us). She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." 5

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 6

Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died--more than that, who was raised--who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 7
______________

1 Acts 26:15;
2 Matt 14:27;
3 Isa 43:2,3;
4 Psa 23:4;
5 Matt 1:23,21;
6 1 John 2:1;
7 Rom 8:34,35

No comments: