Thursday, April 21, 2011

If his offering be a burnt sacrifice

Daily Light Devotions - April 22 - Morning

If his offering be a burnt sacrifice ...

"If his offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he shall offer a male without blemish. He shall bring it to the entrance of the tent of meeting, that he may be accepted before the LORD. He shall lay his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him. 1

Abraham said, "God will provide for himself the lamb for a burnt offering, my son." So they went both of them together. 2

The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 3

And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 4

even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." 5

No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father." 6

I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them. 7

For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 8

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 9

to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 10
______________

1 Lev 1:3,4;
2 Gen 22:8;
3 John 1:29;
4 Heb 10:10;
5 Matt 20:28;
6 John 10:18;
7 Hos 14:4;
8 Gal 2:20;
9 2 Cor 5:21;
10 Eph 1:6

No comments: