Saturday, April 16, 2011

Draw me, we will run after thee

Daily Light Devotions - April 17 - Evening

Draw me, we will run after thee.

Draw me after you; let us run. The king has brought me into his chambers. We will exult and rejoice in you; we will extol your love more than wine; rightly do they love you. 1

the LORD appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. 2

I led them with cords of kindness, with the bands of love, and I became to them as one who eases the yoke on their jaws, and I bent down to them and fed them. 3

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself." 4

and he looked at Jesus as he walked by and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God!" 5

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. 6

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. 7

We love because he first loved us. 8

My beloved speaks and says to me: "Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away, for behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree ripens its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance. Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away. 9

______________

1 Sol 1:4; 2 Jer 31:3; 3 Hos 11:4; 4 John 12:32; 5 John 1:36; 6 John 3:14,15; 7 Psa 73:25; 8 1 John 4:19; 9 Sol 2:10-13

No comments: