Thursday, April 7, 2011

In everything ye are enriched by him

Daily Light Devotions - April 8 - Morning

In everything ye are enriched by him.

that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge-- 1

For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 2

He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 3

For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 4

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 5

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 6

But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift. 7

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 9

______________

1 1 Cor 1:5; 2 Rom 5:6; 3 Rom 8:32; 4 Col 2:9,10; 5 John 15:4,5; 6 Rom 7:18; 7 Eph 4:7; 8 John 15:7; 9 Col 3:16

No comments: