Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stand fast in the Lord

Daily Light Devotions - April 21 - Morning

Stand fast in the Lord.

Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved. 1

My foot has held fast to his steps; I have kept his way and have not turned aside. 2

For the LORD loves justice; he will not forsake his saints. They are preserved forever, but the children of the wicked shall be cut off. 3

The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 4

but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him." But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls. 5

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us. 6

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 7

But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 8

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. 9

I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels. 10
______________

1 Phil 4:1;
2 Job 23:11;
3 Psa 37:28;
4 Psa 121:7;
5 Heb 10:38,39;
6 1 John 2:19;
7 John 8:31;
8 Matt 24:13;
9 1 Cor 16:13;
10 Rev 3:11,5

No comments: