Saturday, April 23, 2011

The LORD was my stay

Daily Light Devotions - April 23 - Morning

The LORD was my stay.

They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the LORD was my support. 1

Truly the hills are a delusion, the orgies on the mountains. Truly in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel. 2

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 3

Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel." 4

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. 5

The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. And he thrust out the enemy before you and said, Destroy. 6

So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?" 7

For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God?-- the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. 8

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. 9
______________

1 Psa 18:18;
2 Jer 3:23;
3 Psa 18:2;
4 Isa 12:6;
5 Psa 34:7,17;
6 Deut 33:27;
7 Heb 13:6;
8 Psa 18:31,32;
9 1 Cor 15:10

No comments: