Saturday, April 23, 2011

All we like sheep have gone astray

Daily Light Devotions - April 23 - Evening

All we like sheep have gone astray.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned--every one--to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. 1

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 2

as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one." 3

For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls. 4

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek your servant, for I do not forget your commandments. 5

He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 6

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 7

"What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? 8
______________

1 Isa 53:6;
2 1 John 1:8;
3 Rom 3:10-12;
4 1 Pet 2:25;
5 Psa 119:176;
6 Psa 23:3;
7 John 10:27,28;
8 Luke 15:4

No comments: