Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My soul shall be satisifed

Daily Light Devotions - April 14 - Morning

My soul shall be satisifed ...

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; 1

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 2

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 3

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! For your love is better than wine; 4

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. 5

You are the most handsome of the sons of men; grace is poured upon your lips; therefore God has blessed you forever. 6

As an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. With great delight I sat in his shadow, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. 7

His legs are alabaster columns, set on bases of gold. His appearance is like Lebanon, choice as the cedars. His mouth is most sweet, and he is altogether desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem. 8

______________

1 Psa 63:5,6; 2 Psa 139:17; 3 Psa 119:103; 4 Sol 1:2; 5 Psa 73:25; 6 Psa 45:2; 7 Sol 2:3,4; 8 Sol 5:15,16

No comments: