Thursday, April 21, 2011

Great is thy mercy toward me

Daily Light Devotions - April 22 - Evening

Great is thy mercy toward me ...

For great is your steadfast love toward me; you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol. 1

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 2

But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior. "I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins. 3

those who trust in their wealth and boast of the abundance of their riches? Truly no man can ransom another, or give to God the price of his life, for the ransom of their life is costly and can never suffice, 4

and he is merciful to him, and says, 'Deliver him from going down into the pit; I have found a ransom; 5

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- 6

And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." 7
______________

1 Psa 86:13;
2 Matt 10:28;
3 Isa 43:1,11,25;
4 Psa 49:6-8;
5 Job 33:24;
6 Eph 2:4,5;
7 Acts 4:12

No comments: