Monday, April 11, 2011

Teach me thy way, O LORD

Daily Light Devotions - April 11 - Evening

Teach me thy way, O LORD.

Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies. 1

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. 2

Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way. 3

I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. 4

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 5

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 6

Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD; his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth." 7

All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies. 8

______________

1 Psa 27:11; 2 Psa 32:8; 3 Psa 25:8,9; 4 John 10:9; 5 John 14:6; 6 Heb 10:19-22; 7 Hos 6:3; 8 Psa 25:10

No comments: