Thursday, April 14, 2011

Their Redeemer is strong

Daily Light Devotions - April 15 - Morning

Their Redeemer is strong.

Their Redeemer is strong; the LORD of hosts is his name. He will surely plead their cause, that he may give rest to the earth, but unrest to the inhabitants of Babylon. 1

For I know how many are your transgressions and how great are your sins-- you who afflict the righteous, who take a bribe, and turn aside the needy in the gate. 2

Of old you spoke in a vision to your godly one, and said: "I have granted help to one who is mighty; I have exalted one chosen from the people. 3

I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine. Then all flesh shall know that I am the LORD your Savior, and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." 4

Who is this who comes from Edom, in crimsoned garments from Bozrah, he who is splendid in his apparel, marching in the greatness of his strength? "It is I, speaking in righteousness, mighty to save." 5

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, 6

Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, 7

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 8

Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. 9

Why, when I came, was there no man; why, when I called, was there no one to answer? Is my hand shortened, that it cannot redeem? Or have I no power to deliver? Behold, by my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a desert; their fish stink for lack of water and die of thirst. 10

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 11

______________

1 Jer 50:34; 2 Amos 5:12; 3 Psa 89:19; 4 Isa 49:26; 5 Isa 63:1; 6 Jude 1:24; 7 Rom 5:20; 8 John 3:18; 9 Heb 7:25; 10 Isa 50:2; 11 Rom 8:35,38,39

No comments: