Monday, April 4, 2011

I will not let thee go, except thou bless me

Daily Light Devotions - April 5 - Morning

I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

Then he said, "Let me go, for the day has broken." But Jacob said, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." 1

Or let them lay hold of my protection, let them make peace with me, let them make peace with me." 2

Then Jesus answered her, "O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire." And her daughter was healed instantly. 3

Then he touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith be it done to you." 4

But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 5

So they drew near to the village to which they were going. He acted as if he were going farther, but they urged him strongly, saying, "Stay with us, for it is toward evening and the day is now far spent." So he went in to stay with them. And their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And he vanished from their sight. They said to each other, "Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?" 6

Now therefore, if I have found favor in your sight, please show me now your ways, that I may know you in order to find favor in your sight. Consider too that this nation is your people." And he said, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." 7

______________

1 Gen 32:26; 2 Isa 27:5; 3 Matt 15:28; 4 Matt 9:29; 5 James 1:6,7; 6 Luke 24:28,29,31,32; 7 Exo 33:13,14

No comments: