Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lead me to the rock that is higher than I

Daily Light Devotions - April 4 - Evening

Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, 1

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 2

When my spirit faints within me, you know my way! In the path where I walk they have hidden a trap for me. 3

But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold. 4

A Prayer of Moses, the man of God. Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations. 5

For you have been a stronghold to the poor, a stronghold to the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat; for the breath of the ruthless is like a storm against a wall, 6

For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God?-- 7

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 8

Uphold me according to your promise, that I may live, and let me not be put to shame in my hope! 9

We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, 10

______________

1 Psa 61:2; 2 Phil 4:6,7; 3 Psa 142:3; 4 Job 23:10; 5 Psa 90:1; 6 Isa 25:4; 7 Psa 18:31; 8 John 10:28; 9 Psa 119:116; 10 Heb 6:19

No comments: