Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation

Daily Light Devotions - April 14 - Evening

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. 1

I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will lead him and restore comfort to him and his mourners, 2

"Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool. 3

"Return, O faithless sons; I will heal your faithlessness." "Behold, we come to you, for you are the LORD our God. 4

Let me hear what God the LORD will speak, for he will speak peace to his people, to his saints; but let them not turn back to folly. 5

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, 6

He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 7

You will say in that day: "I will give thanks to you, O LORD, for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, that you might comfort me. 8

Hold me up, that I may be safe and have regard for your statutes continually! 9

"I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins. 10

______________

1 Psa 51:12; 2 Isa 57:18; 3 Isa 1:18; 4 Jer 3:22; 5 Psa 85:8; 6 Psa 103:2,3; 7 Psa 23:3; 8 Isa 12:1; 9 Psa 119:117; 10 Isa 43:25

No comments: