Saturday, April 16, 2011

Daily Light Devotions - April 16 - Evening

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him ...

When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. 1

Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!" And God granted what he asked. 2

In that night God appeared to Solomon, and said to him, "Ask what I shall give you." And Solomon said to God, "You have shown great and steadfast love to David my father, and have made me king in his place. Give me now wisdom and knowledge to go out and come in before this people, for who can govern this people of yours, which is so great?" 3

And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding beyond measure, and breadth of mind like the sand on the seashore, 4

And Asa cried to the LORD his God, "O LORD, there is none like you to help, between the mighty and the weak. Help us, O LORD our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this multitude. O LORD, you are our God; let not man prevail against you." So the LORD defeated the Ethiopians before Asa and before Judah, and the Ethiopians fled. 5

O you who hear prayer, to you shall all flesh come. 6

______________

1 Psa 91:15; 2 1 Chron 4:10; 3 2 Chron 1:7,8,10; 4 1 Kings 4:29; 5 2 Chron 14:11,12; 6 Psa 65:2

No comments: