Thursday, April 28, 2011

Consider what great things he has done for you

Daily Light Devotions - April 29 - Morning

Consider how great things He hath done for you.

Only fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you. 1

And you shall remember the whole way that the LORD your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not. Know then in your heart that, as a man disciplines his son, the LORD your God disciplines you. 2

I know, O LORD, that your rules are righteous, and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me. It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word. 3

The LORD has disciplined me severely, but he has not given me over to death. 4

He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust. 5
______________

1 1 Sam 12:24;
2 Deut 8:2,5;
3 Psa 119:75,71,67;
4 Psa 118:18;
5 Psa 103:10,11,14

No comments: